[Ipe-discuss] ipetoipe markedview causing unwanted visual artefacts

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Fri Sep 23 22:09:48 CEST 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022, at 16:57, Raphael Clifford via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> I am using
>
> ipetoipe -pdf -markedview prob-recap.pdf out.pdf
>
> to extract the keyframes from my ipe slides. This is to make a version
> with many fewer transitions.  However when I do this it seems to cause
> visual artefacts that look either like a bug or a mistake in what I am
> doing.

If you open your file in Ipe and look at page 6, you will see that the expression for the expectation is in a minipage whose width is set very small.   A minipage object must be wide enough for the text contents to show correctly.

So what happens is that in the -markedviews export the formula is clipped to the width of the box.   I'm surprised that this clipping does not also happen in the full PDF - I would have to dig into the produced PDF to figure out why that is (it might also depend on the PDF viewer).

In any case, if you make those minipages wider, it should work as expected.