[Ipe-discuss] ipetoipe markedview causing unwanted visual artefacts

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Fri Sep 23 16:57:10 CEST 2022

I am using

ipetoipe -pdf -markedview prob-recap.pdf out.pdf

to extract the keyframes from my ipe slides. This is to make a version with
many fewer transitions.  However when I do this it seems to cause visual
artefacts that look either like a bug or a mistake in what I am doing.

For example, taking this set of slides as the input
http://people.cs.bris.ac.uk/~clifford/coms31900-2021/slides/prob-recap.pdf
I get
http://people.cs.bris.ac.uk/~clifford/coms31900-2021/slides/prob-recap-summary.pdf
as the output. But if you look on slide 5 of the output you will see under
the "The expected value" the expectation formula is blank with the E cut
half way through the middle.

I see this sort of problem in a number of the slides I am trying to process
with ipetoipe.

I am using ipe 7.2.24 on ubuntu 22.04.

Thank you for any help.
Raphael