[Ipe-discuss] Ipelib MSVC compatibility

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Tue Jan 11 23:22:34 CET 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022, at 10:34, Willem Sonke via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> When building for Windows, however, we noticed that Ipelib does not
> compile cleanly under MSVC. This was a problem for us, because our tool
> relies on MSVC for its Windows builds. I was able to make Ipelib (and
> its dependencies) work correctly, but I needed to apply a number of
> patches. Most of these are simple changes, such as some missing includes
> and fixes for constructions that MSVC does not like.
>
> I would be happy to provide my MSVC project setup and work on tidying up
> these patches so that they could be incorporated in the source code, if
> there is interest in making Ipelib MSVC-compatible.

I would be quite happy to include your changes if they make Ipelib compile on more compilers - as long as they don't stop me from compiling with mingw, and as long as it's clear that I will not commit to never break MSVC compilation again in the future (I will not try to compile  on MSVC for every future release).

Best wishes, and Happy New Year!