[Ipe-discuss] Infinite canvas

Soeren Nickel soeren.nickel at ac.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 4 19:47:54 CET 2022

Hi Lluís,

While I am not sure if an ipelet could be written, which dynamically
enlarges the drawing area whenever something isplaced outside of the
canvas or the user scrolls beyond the canvas, I think this would be an
unnecessarily complicated solution for this problem. I attached a .isy
stylefile, which defines the canvas to be excessively enormous (500000 x
500000) far exceeding what ipe can display at once in the viewer by
default (something which you can change in the prefs.lua), making it for
most common applications "infinite". And to be honest I find it quite
disorienting, so I also attached a more reasonable 5000 x 5000.

Simply hit Ctrl + Shift + s, add the .isy file and hit Ok. You can
obviously also manually change the numbers in the style file and create
any size and aspect ratio canvas you want.

Best,
Soeren