[Ipe-discuss] Error compiling Latex text using IPE 7.2.24 on windows 10

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Feb 2 09:04:15 CET 2022

On 2/2/2022 1:54 AM, Otfried Cheong via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2022, at 00:19, Nasser M. Abbasi via Ipe-discuss wrote:
>> Thanks. I did not realize it needed to be in a minipage. So I just
>> added
>>
>> \begin{minipage}{1.8in}
>> ....earlier shown code here...
>> \end{minipage}
>>
>> and now it compiled.
>
> That's not really the Ipe way.  Ipe has two kinds of text objects, "label" (the "A" button) and "minipage" (the button with the stylized paragraph).   All you need to do is to create a minipage object if you want to include equation environments and the like.
>
> See https://ipe.otfried.org/manual/manual_17.html
>
> Cheers,
>    Otfried

I did try your suggestion. But when I looked at it on the screen the minipage width
looked too narrow and I saw the equation overflowing outside the edges of
the minipage on both sides. (may be that was a display issue. I do not know).

So I went back to using default label type as it was before, and added the
explicit minipage Latex code in to set the width so it fits.

How does ipe minipage object know what width to use for the minipage
environment when not specified?  What if one wants minipage to be
just 2in wide for example? I did not see an option to do that.

But adding \begin{minipage}{2in} is not a big deal really for me.
it is just few extra characters to type.

--Nasser