[Ipe-discuss] Hello, and a question about OS X // IPE and AppleScript

M Elwood151 at web.de
Sun Jan 13 21:57:43 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

sorry, that's where my knowledge ends - I hope that someone else will answer
here. :-)

2 more hints:

In the manual ( http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_49.html ) it is
said that

1) " In addition, you can specify the name of an Ipe file to open on the
command line. Ipe also understands all options supported by the Qt library."
... I'm not sure which options the Qt library contains, but maybe there are
such things like collecting the names of open windows, etc.

2) " Ipescript: running Ipe scripts

Ipescript runs an Ipe script written in the Lua language with bindings for
the Ipe objects, such as the script "update-master". Ipescript automatically
finds the script in Ipe's script directories. On Unix, you can place your
own scripts in $HOME/.ipe/scripts.

The Ipe distribution contains the following scripts:

update-master, explained earlier;
add-style to add a stylesheet to Ipe figures;
update-styles to update the stylesheets in Ipe figures (in the same way that
Ipe does it using the "Update stylesheets" function)."

So, IMHO it should be possible to create small Lua scripts which return the
information you want (like currently open file) and those scripts could be
started from terminal (or Applescript) with the ipescript command.

Martin