[Ipe-discuss] ipe 7.1.0 (or latest) for windows

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Mon Oct 22 09:33:31 CEST 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012, at 20:21, Alex Koudrin wrote:
> I'd like to change colour to quite a few objects in many of my diagrams.
> therefore would like to bulk select a part of my diagram and set the
> colour, rather than laboriously clicking every single object and changing
> its colour - which I'll have to do if there's no other way in 7.0.10
> version.

Even in 7.0.10, you can just select all the objects, and then change the
color in the Properties tool - it will change the color of all the
objects at once.  No need to wait for 7.1.x...

> P.S. I would even consider downloading the appropriate compilers and try
> compile Ipe myself if it's not too difficult. An executable from the
> developers would be nice though :)

I started work on a Windows version of Ipe that uses the native Windows
API (not Qt), and which is nearly done.  Finishing this is now my top
priority for Ipe (thanks to several people who recently asked her not to
abadon Windows :-) - I hope to get this done during the winter break.

In principle it should also be possible to install the compilers and
tools for compiling Ipe with Qt on Windows, but I simply don't have time
to worry about that right now.   The new port won't be as pretty as
using Qt, but it will be much easier to maintain (as it only uses very
stable parts of the Windows API).