[Ipe-discuss] Latex pdf output does not show miter line joins drawn in Ipe editor

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Tue Nov 13 13:18:34 CET 2012

On 11/13/2012 08:29 PM, Alex Koudrin wrote:
> I am using Ipe to draw eps figures to include in my latex document. I
> use dvipdfm as the package.
>
> I just discovered a nice feature in Ipe to make line joints sharp by
> choosing "Line join = miter". However, when the eps figure is included
> in my Latex document and I zoom in on the output pdf, I still see the
> normal soft corners.
>
> Does anyone know if/how this is fixable without resorting to completely
> changing how I do my images such as switching to pdflatex? Perhaps I
> could do something in Ipe or use a Latex package or an option for dvipdfm?

There was a bug in Ipe 7.0.10 so that the line join was not correctly
saved in Postscript output (PDF output was correct).  Is this the
version that you are using?  If so, the solution would be to save as PDF
and then use pdftoeps or so to convert the figure to Postscript (if you
really need to use normal Latex).  (Also - I think it may have been an
off-by-one error, so you could try to set the line join to "round" and
see if the output is then mitered.)