[Ipe-discuss] Select all objects which are "within" a selected rectangle?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sat Nov 26 02:53:52 CET 2011

On 11/26/2011 10:37 AM, elwood151 wrote:
> I want to select some of those graphs and select all objects in the square
> to modify them with an ipelet or "by hand".
> (Clicking on each single object is slow and prone to errors, as I'm having
> hundreds of such graphs to modify).
> It would be great if I could just select the squares I want to change and
> IPE could add all objects to the selection which are "within" those squares.

Can't you just drag out a selection rectangle?  The other obvious idea
would be to change your workflow so that it groups together each graph -
then clicking on it would be enough to select the entire graph.

Finally, one could of course make an ipelet that selects exactly the
objects inside the primary selection.  So select a box, call the ipelet.

Here is an attempt at such an ipelet.