[Ipe-discuss] Is it possible to define complex object styles or copy several attributes simultaneously?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Thu May 19 10:11:38 CEST 2011

For a clear and concise graphic, it can be necessary to define different
types of objects, which have - each one - characteristic
- line width
- dash style
- color

1) Is it possible to define such a style in a style sheet to be able to
quickly add all attributes to a certain object, etc.

type1: heavier line + dashed + color blue
type2: normal line + normal style + color black

the same for text objects like labels (alignment horizontal and vertical,
text size, etc.)

This would also make it possible to change the style of an object type later
just by changing the stylesheet for one or even many graphics.

2) A second helpful feature to achieve the same thing would be to copy the
style of an object (so all properties of line width, dash, filling pattern
like tiling etc. or text properties) and "paste" it to another object.
This is possible in many vector graphics applications and I consider it a
very helpful feature.

Is there a way  to do that already in IPE (and I've overlooked it)?
If no, could this be considered as a feature for future versions?

Kind regards

Martin