[Ipe-discuss] locating IPE after installation with MacPorts

Murat Yildizoglu myildi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:13:45 CEST 2011

Have you tried in a terminal which ipe7 ? It should be
in /opt/local/bin/ipe7

You can launch it from the terminal by typing ipe7 & (to launch the process
in the background), or create a nice link to it with icon, by following my
instructions in the following page :

http://yildizoglu.posterous.com/a-very-nice-free-tool-for-osx-platypus-helps

Murat

2011/7/3 Mark <hughesmc at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid this will be a very annoying question.  I downloaded MacPorts in
> order to install Ipe 7, typed "sudo port install ipe" into the terminal,
> and let
> it run overnight.  When I awoke in the morning, I didn't see any error
> message
> in the terminal window (I didn't look very closely) and I made the mistake
> of
> restarting my computer before trying to actually run Ipe (thus losing the
> rest
> of the output from the terminal window).
>
> My problem is that although it seems that there were a lot of files and
> folders
> associate to Ipe installed on my computer, I can't locate an actual program
> for
> Ipe to run (Spotlight doesn't find anything it recognizes as an
> application).
>
> I thought it might not have completed, so I tried installing it again from
> the
> terminal but only got
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for ipe
> --->  Cleaning ipe
>
> as the output.
>
> I'm afraid this is the first time I've tried anything like this.  Are there
> other obvious steps I might be missing (I realize it's probably difficult
> tell without the output from my terminal)?  Should there be a file in my
> Applications folder that I can click to run Ipe, or is it more complicated
> than
> that?
>
> (I'm running OS X 10.6.8, and had Ipe6pre28 installed previously but
> deleted it).
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might make.
>
> Mark

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu
Université Paul Cézanne (Aix-Marseille 3)
GREQAM (UMR CNRS 6579)
Centre de la Vieille Charité
2, rue de la Charité
13236 Marseille cedex 02