[Ipe-discuss] Re: locating IPE after installation with MacPorts

Mark hughesmc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:55:18 CEST 2011

Thanks so much for your help.  Your suggestion worked, after some digging I
found it in

/opt/local/var/macports/software/ipe/7.0.14_0/opt/local/bin/ipe

This is my first time using the terminal, so I appreciate the help.

I also followed your suggestion to try using Platypus to create a clickable icon
to link to the application.  I wrote a one line script for Platypus to call up
Ipe.  I was able to get the icon to work, except that when I run Ipe from this
link when I try to run LaTex (Command-L) I get a message:

An error occurred during the Pdflatex run.
There was an error trying to run Pdflatex.

When I call Ipe directly from the terminal I have no such problems and LaTex
works fine.

Anyways the program is great, and if I have to open up the terminal to run it it
is well worth it.  Thanks again.