[Ipe-discuss] LaTeX runs -> temporary files

Andreas Keil andreas.keil at cs.tum.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:50:42 CET 2010

> Andreas Keil wrote:
> Ok, I'll change it into "ipetemp.tex" in the next release.

Thanks a lot :-)

> When I tried using TEXINPUTS in MiKTeX, it did not seem to work at
> all.

Yep, same problem here.

> One possibility is to write a small batch file that calls pdflatex
> with arguments, and set IPEPDFLATEX to point to this batch file.

Is IPEPDFLATEX an environment variable used by Ipe? If so, should it
point to a batch file similar to the runlatex.bat generated by Ipe?
My Ipe installation did not respond to such an environment variable...

> But can't you simply use:
>
> \input{../packages}
> \input{../commands}
>
> in the Ipe document's preamble?

Right, that's possible. It's just not as nice as having the relative
paths correct w.r.t. the image's directory.

> In any case, I'm still not convinced this is the right way to do it.
> You have to manually rerun Ipe on all images to make sure they are
> updated to the latest style.  But if you do that, you could just as
> well update a built-in style sheet with all the definitions needed,
> as ipe-update-master does.

Apparently ipe-update-master is only part of the *nix distribution of
Ipe (which makes sense because it seems to be a shell script).

Well, I guess we can also stop the discussion here because you really
already helped me a lot and I don't want to bother you anymore :-)

Cheers,
Andreas.