[Ipe-discuss] feature request for ipe and ipetoipe: checkbox "add view to list of lastviews"

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Sat Dec 4 17:40:36 CET 2010

Otfried Cheong [2010.12.04 1210 +0900]:
> One alternative:  You can mark both pages and views for printing.
> When a new page is created, it's automatically marked.  New views
> are not marked.  ipetoipe -markedviews will export all marked views
> on marked pages, or the last view of a marked page if none of its
> views is marked.

I think this is an elegant way of dealing with this issue.  The
-nolastview option proposed by a response to your email is too
specialized to work well in practice.  Here's what I would consider the
most common scenario.  I have lots of pages where I do want the last
view and one or two where I don't.  -nolastview would eliminate all last
views, and I would then have to go and manually mark all the last views
I do want.  That could be tedious.

If we buy into the theory that the above is indeed the most common
scenario, then having page and view marks with pages marked upon
creation and views not marked upon creation causes the least effort to
set up minor deviations from the default.

Cheers,
Norbert