[Ipe-discuss] Alpha release of Ipe 7 available

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Sep 16 15:33:08 CEST 2009

A first alpha-release of Ipe 7 is now available on LuaForge
(http://www.luaforge.net/projects/ipe), or from the Ipe homepage
http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr.

This version is not for production use.  It misses a few essential
features, and may contain serious bugs - this is why I only announce it
on the discussion list.  But please do help me test it and see the
future of Ipe :-)

If you try it out, please read the chapter in the manual about moving
from Ipe 6 to Ipe 7.   It is available on-line at

http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe/manual/manual_ipe6_to_ipe7.html

Missing features are:

 - path construction mode can handle only polygonal paths
 - no path edit mode
 - no scissors or path join
 - no automatic angular snap

Bug reports should be filed on Ipe Bugzilla, not posted to the list.
Feel free to use the list to ask questions or discuss the new features,
of course.

I intend to finish Ipe 7 slowly over the next weeks.  Hopefully we will
have a stable and complete version by the end of the year.

Enjoy,