[Ipe-discuss] A wish: text offset

Jan Hlavacek jhlavace at svsu.edu
Mon Nov 9 20:23:32 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 08:12:58PM +0100, Gijs van Oort wrote:
> You could use LaTeX's  \vspace{} for that (you're typing LaTeX after
> all).

That's true, but that would probably be harder than what I do now, which is
basically what you suggest below.

> You can even put a length in the pre-amble, and by changing that
> length, all texts will shift accordingly.

Indeed, you can probably even use \everymath or something like that, so you
wouldn't have to type the \vspace ... for each label (as long as your labels
are math text).  However, I usually need to shift different texts by different
amounts, and in different directions, some 2 pt down, some 2 pt right, etc.

> Otherwise, select all your
> entries, align them (there is an applet for that), group them and use
> Ctrl-2 to set all texts at the desired height at once.

That's what I do now, but sometimes it is quite hard and annoying, if I have
bunch of labels that need to be shifted one way, other labels that need to go
other way, and among them some marks that will get selected with them, all very
close together.  I usually have trouble selecting only the labels I want, and
nothing else.

--
Jan Hlavacek (jhlavace at svsu.edu, (989) 964-2004)
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Saginaw Valley State University