[Ipe-discuss] errors on starting ipe

William Simpson william.a.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:44:09 CEST 2008

The first (and only the first) time I run ipe I get the following messages:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/usr/lib/opera/9.23-20070809.6/opera: error while loading shared
libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I am running ubuntu dapper drake and installed ipe as a precompiled
binary. It seems there is a problem with qt libraries??
I looked in the dapper drake repositories and there are lots of
packages with qt in the name...
I have libqt3-mt installed

Please tell me how to fix this.
Thanks very much