[Ipe-discuss] errors on starting ipe

Remko van der Vossen wich at stack.nl
Tue Jul 29 11:10:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:44:09AM +0100, William Simpson wrote:
> The first (and only the first) time I run ipe I get the following messages:

> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> /usr/lib/opera/9.23-20070809.6/opera: error while loading shared
> libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
These errors are definately from opera, not from ipe. Opera can use
java, but apparently java is not installed, then you get those first two
errors, those are okay. The other error could be slightly more
worrysome, the libqt-mt is the multithreaded QT library. There is
probably a different package for the multithreaded version of qt which
you should use. I have no experience with ubuntu or debian though, so I
can't tell you which that would be.

> I am running ubuntu dapper drake and installed ipe as a precompiled
> binary. It seems there is a problem with qt libraries??
> I looked in the dapper drake repositories and there are lots of
> packages with qt in the name...
> I have libqt3-mt installed
>
> Please tell me how to fix this.
> Thanks very much

The latest version of ipe uses QT4 by the way, so you should have that
installed as well, but since ipe is running fine that should be okay.
You could use the QT4 9.51 version of opera if you wish. But again, I
have no idea which package you would need in ubuntu.

Regards,

Remko van der Vossen.