[Ipe-discuss] ipe manual not found

William Simpson william.a.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:10:49 CEST 2008

Hi everyone

I have just started with ipe, and I have a number of simple questions.

I already solved the one about ipe not finding fonts. Although I find
it strange that ipe doesn't list urw helvetica (for example) in its
list of available fonts, since such fonts are listed in the
fontmap.xml file (which ipe finds).

Next... When I click on Help>Ipe Manual, nothing happens. I checked
help>Preferences>Search Paths. It says
Ipe documentation is in: /usr/share/doc/ipe/doc
I checked: that's correct -- everything is there.
I read the manual with
acroread manual.pdf
and
firefox manual.html

I would have searched the users list archives, but don't see a way to do that.

Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers
Bill