[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Mon Jan 23 17:44:13 CET 2006

Jan Hlavacek wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the old (ver 5.x) ipe manual had a nice
> explanation about multiplicity of vertices, which does not seem to have
> made it to the new manual.  Am I mistaken? Is it still there? Or was it
> never there, and I completely hallucinated the whole thing?

Now that I think about it, it seems I abolished control point
multiplicity in Ipe 6 :-)

The new path model is much more powerful, and allows paths consisting of
several subpath, each of which is a chain of straight segments, splines,
circular arcs, etc.  So instead of having a control point of
multiplicity 3 in your spline, you would have two spline segments in a
path. (Of course you can still simply duplicate a control point to have
a multiple one.)

The edit-path framework isn't really powerful enough to let you edit
paths freely.  It needs some thought (and work).