[Ipe-discuss] [ipe-discussion] Hierarchy of an IpePath

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Wed Jan 18 12:27:49 CET 2006

> I'm having a few questions regarding the hierarchy of an IpePath.
>
> 1. Which IpePaths can have more than one SupPath, i.e. its
> NumSubPaths() > 1?
>     (In the case of a triangle, is its NumSubPaths()  == 3 or only 1?)

A triangle is a single path with three vertices, so NumSubPaths() == 1.

> 2. Is there any way to remove a subpath from a path? And how can it be
> done or where can I refer to regarding this?

The subpaths of a path are implicitely shared and reference counted, and
therefore not mutable.  To remove a subpath, you need to create a new
path object and copy only those subpaths that you want.

The only documentation is the Ipelib documentation, and the source
(ipepath.h and ipepath.cpp in this case).