[Ipe-discuss] Hyperref crashes ipe

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Tue Jan 17 09:41:20 CET 2006

Otfried Cheong wrote:
> Hyperref will create links during the latex run, destroying the
> linearity of the pdf form.
>
> The simple answer is: don't use hyperref, or anything else that's
> supposed to create PDF hyperlinks.
>
> Ipe has no support for links.  If such support is ever added (I'm
> certainly not planning it anytime soon), it would certainly not be
> through a Latex package.  PDF links are stored as annotations, outside
> the pages graphics contents, and quite hard to parse from the pdflatex
> output.
Ok, I see.

But then I have to ask if it is possible in some other way to make the generated
pdf start an external application?
I plan to make  my PhD presentation with Ipe and I have to show a number of
videos. Using latex it is possible to generate links from the pdf document to
external applications such that various programs can be started. Is that
possible with Ipe?

/johan