[Ipe-discuss] A couple of questions from a new user

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 28 15:02:53 CEST 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Johan Ingvast wrote:

> I don't know how you use Ipe, but I always select with the right mouse
> button. And then the shift works fine.

Johan,

   Interesting. I'll try that. Most applications use the left button to
select, but if the right works then that's what I'll use.

> Don't bother about the layer, layers have nothing to do with one being on
> top of another. If you set the color of the interior rectangles to void,
> they should be unfilled. (void is the top color alternative above black.)
> Does that help you?

   No, unfortunately. The interior squares _are_ "void", but the effect is
that they are transparent rather than uncolored. I was surprised to see this
because other vector drawing programs will fill the surrounding object but
leave the interior ones unfilled. That's why I asked.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"