[Ipe-discuss] A couple of questions from a new user

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Fri Oct 28 09:44:42 CEST 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Today I downloaded, built, and installed ipe-6<whatever>. It works
> well and
> I'm quickly getting used to its ideosyncracies. I have a couple of
> questions
> for which I cannot find answers in the docs.
>
>   1.) How can I select multiple objects so that I can align them
> (vertically
> or horizontally)? Holding the shift or ctrl key while clicking the left
> button on the trackball does not allow me to select more than one object
> at a
> time.
I don't know how you use Ipe, but I always select with the right mouse
button. And then the shift works fine.

>   2.) I have a rectangle with four interior squares. I figured out how to
> fill the rectangle with a light grey, but I cannot get the squares (in
> front
> of the rectangle) to be unfilled. I've tried moving the squares to another
> layer, but they're still grey. I can fill them with white, but then the
> text
> in each square is covered. A hint on how to do this the ipe way would be
> greatly appreciated.
Don't bother about the layer, layers have nothing to do with one being
on top of another.
If you set the color of the interior rectangles to void, they should be
unfilled. (void is the top color alternative above black.)
Does that help you?
/johan