[Ipe-discuss] A couple of questions from a new user

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 28 02:24:39 CEST 2005

   Today I downloaded, built, and installed ipe-6<whatever>. It works well and
I'm quickly getting used to its ideosyncracies. I have a couple of questions
for which I cannot find answers in the docs.

   1.) How can I select multiple objects so that I can align them (vertically
or horizontally)? Holding the shift or ctrl key while clicking the left
button on the trackball does not allow me to select more than one object at a
time.

   2.) I have a rectangle with four interior squares. I figured out how to
fill the rectangle with a light grey, but I cannot get the squares (in front
of the rectangle) to be unfilled. I've tried moving the squares to another
layer, but they're still grey. I can fill them with white, but then the text
in each square is covered. A hint on how to do this the ipe way would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"