[Ipe-discuss] A couple of questions from a new user

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Fri Oct 28 15:11:42 CEST 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>> top of another. If you set the color of the interior rectangles to void,
>> they should be unfilled. (void is the top color alternative above black.)
>> Does that help you?
>

>   No, unfortunately. The interior squares _are_ "void", but the effect is
> that they are transparent rather than uncolored. I was surprised to see
> this
> because other vector drawing programs will fill the surrounding object but
> leave the interior ones unfilled. That's why I asked.
But what do you mean by uncolored, if not transparent?

I don't know if an alternative for you is to make the large rectangle
with holes. You can accomplish this by:

- Select the rectangels both the large and the smaller interior
- choose Edit-> Compose paths
- Fill the newly composed object with whatever color you  want
/johan