[Ipe-discuss] Rendering of bitmapps

Otfried Cheong otfried at cs.kaist.ac.kr
Thu Oct 13 11:00:20 CEST 2005

> However, I'd like the rendering in the Ipe editor to be better as well.
> There must be a parameter somewhere in the code that can change this
> behavior. How anybody found this? then please tell me. I also think
> higher resolution should be the default.

In src/ipecanvas/ipecanvas.cpp, in IpeCanvas::RepaintObjects(), you'll find:

   IpeCanvasPainter painter(iStyleSheet, iFonts, &iOffscreen,
			   &qPainter, iZoom, false, 200);

The last parameter 200 is the maximum bitmap size.  Change it to 2000 or so.

This will be configurable in the next version.

> It has been awfully quiet on this list lately. I definitely hope that it
> does not reflect the usage of Ipe.

I've moved to another continent, started a new job, and didn't have much
time to work on Ipe.

However, I'm currently in the process of porting Ipe to use Qt 4.
Finally I can use the same Qt version on both Windows and Unix - and it
offers a much improved drawing model that Ipe will use immediately (for
instance, arbitrary clipping paths).

I can't predict when this version will be available.  There's a long
list of bugs on bugzilla, but most are tiny changes compared to the port
to Qt4, so I hope to include/fix many of these in the next release.