[Ipe-discuss] Rendering of bitmapps

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Thu Oct 13 10:47:55 CEST 2005

Hi List,
When I include a bit mapped image into the document it renders very
coarse. Luckily it comes out perfectly when viewing the pdf or eps.

However, I'd like the rendering in the Ipe editor to be better as well.
There must be a parameter somewhere in the code that can change this
behavior. How anybody found this? then please tell me. I also think
higher resolution should be the default.

It has been awfully quiet on this list lately. I definitely hope that it
does not reflect the usage of Ipe.
Further, I think the development of Ipe should get going, 6.0 pre 23 is
getting old. I know  people that won't install the program just because
it is a pre release. So, the minimum thing to do is to fix the minor
bugs and release 6.0.

In a few months, when I have handed in my PhD-thesis, I would personally
like to help out with the development. Preferably with the inner code,
but also with ipelets.

/johan