[Ipe-discuss] pdf latex error

Keith Emmert magicnmath at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 15:53:45 CEST 2005

Hey all...I'm also fairly new to IPE.  I've received
the same sort of message.  IPE seems to work fine when
text is not included.  When it is included, I receive
a message that basically says that IPE cannot find
PDFLatex.

I am using PCTeX, but downloaded MiKTeX so that I have
some version of PDFLatex.  That didn't work.  I
modified the environment variable.  That didn't work.
I added a specific path statement which pointed to
PDFLatex...that didn't work either.

The really odd thing is that IPE works at home where I
run Windows XP, but does NOT work at the office where
I run Windows XP Pro.  The XP Pro machine is part of a
network.  I had the network guru log in with his admin
account and it wouldn't work.  We tried installing IPE
on another machine (also running XP Pro) and that
didn't work.

Ideas?

--> Keith E. Emmert