[Ipe-discuss] Difference in latex output

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Sat Mar 12 03:06:08 CET 2005

> I try to keep the notation in my figures to look equal in my lyx-document
> (latex) and in the included figures. Therefore I have a style sheet that
> includes some of my preamble of my document. However I get a difference

There are some obvious reasons why Ipe's formatting can be different
from what you get in another document.  One main reason is that Ipe text
objects are formatted inside an \hbox.

By isolating the text object in a separate Ipe file and then manually
running Ipe on the generated text.tex, one can generally figure out what
is going on.

However, this is not the problem in your case:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\newcommand{\tsc}[1]{\textit{\scriptsize #1}}
\begin{document}
   This is it: $q_{\tsc{min}}$.

   And again: \hbox{$q_{\tsc{min}}$}.
\end{document}

This gives the same output in both cases, and the error message you
describe:

>  LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/lmr/m/it' undefined
>  (Font)              using `OT1/lmr/m/n' instead on input line 54.

You can switch all fonts to use T1 encoding by putting this in the preamble:

\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{T1}

Then the error message goes away, but my dvips/yap/pdflatex could no
longer find the actual font.  I had to add "cork-lm.map" to the list of
font map files - but that might have been a problem with my miktex setup.