[Ipe-discuss] A feature suggestion for IPE

Kaushik Ghose kghose at umd.edu
Mon Mar 7 04:05:16 CET 2005

> But what would "Use XML as native" actually do?
I was thinking along these lines:

If "XML as native" is unchecked then Ipe uses its present behavior,
which is to edit .eps or .pdf or .xml files as instructed. I.e. you open
up fig.eps and Ipe edits and saves your work as fig.eps, unless you tell
it to "save as" fig.pdf or fig.xml, in which case it keeps saving as
.pdf or .xml

If "XML as native" is checked then whatever file Ipe loads (or when a
new file is created) Ipe ALWAYS saves an .xml version of the drawing.
Depending on which of the other two options (pdf,eps) are checked
whenever you save Ipe automatically exports to those formats.

> Note, by the way, that the name of the program is "Ipe", not "IPE".
Ok!

-kg