[Ipe-discuss] label dimensions

Rainer Typke rainer.typke at cs.uu.nl
Mon Mar 7 04:49:21 CET 2005

Hello,

  I hope this question is actually an Ipe question and not a LaTeX or
TeX question:

  how can I find out the width and height of a label given the text and
size? I would like to automatically place labels in automatically
generated Ipe files such that the sum of intersecting areas is
minimized. For that I need to know how high and how wide a label would
be that contains a given text in a given font size. Depending on the
result and the positions of the dots I want to label, I would choose the
positions of labels.

Best regards,

Rainer