[Ipe-discuss] Antialiasing, delete

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Tue Dec 13 10:23:18 CET 2005

> On Debian stable, with hand compiled qt 4.0.1, I can see perhaps very
> slight improvement in rendering (especially circles, but it is so slight
> I may be imagining it) with absolutely no noticeable difference in
> speed.

After some changes in rendering text, my Linux system now no longer has
the slowdown-problem.  I still don't know what caused it in the first
place, but it seems the problem is gone and we can simply enable
double-buffering (it does indeed improve the appearance of overlays when
anti-aliasing is on).