[Ipe-discuss] something wrong with the PDF file

Carlos Davila cedavila at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 07:53:48 CEST 2005

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Try writing a very small latex file
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> This is a test.
> \end{document}
>
> If you run pdflatex and then look at the resulting PDF file in
> acroread, you can check the used fonts (under "Document properties").
> It should list only embedded type1 fonts. If this goes wrong, you
> should ask someone knowledgeable about Debian (there are such people
> on this list :-)

I ran pdflatex on your sample file and got type 3 fonts. Then I added

\usepackage{pslatex}

to the preamble and got type 1 fonts, even after adding equations. I
then added the " \usepackage{pslatex}" to the preamble of the Ipe
document properties dialog (edit menu) and regular text labels compiled
fine, but with math symbols results were mixed.  Some symbols (\int)
compiled ok, others (\sum) did not.

Carlos