[Ipe-discuss] freetype problem when running pdftex

Otfried Cheong ocheong at win.tue.nl
Tue Sep 2 15:21:24 CEST 2003

 > Is there also an "install" target? I just followed the instructions
 > and copied the stuff by hand.

There'll be an install script in the next version.

 > Thanks for your help! It looks like a very useful program, addressing
 > exactly the shortcomings of the otherwise very powerful LaTeX system.
 > Too bad Ipe is not more widely known.

Actually, until I've fixed some more bugs and added often-requested
features, I don't think I could cope with more users :-)

 > - presentation/recurring elements on multiple pages:
 >
 >  You mention in the documentation that "style sheets can also contain
 > ... logos to be displayed on each page". The example in the
 > documentation does not seem to do that. Do you have an example that
 > demonstrates this feature? Can I make any combination of object types
 > (text/polygons/bitmaps) reappear on subsequent pages and, if necessary,
 > edit only once to update all pages?

Yes, this can be done.  Basically, you have

<template name="logo">
... an ipe object (can be a group) ...
</template>

in your style sheet, and you refer to it as

<ref name="logo">

in your document.  The user interface has absolutely no support for
this yet, so it's not yet possible to seriously work with this feature
yet (and for that reason it's also very little tested).

In some future version...

Otfried

ps. The good news is that I'm going to make slides for my upcoming
course in Ipe, so I'll need to work on it again :-)