[Ipe-discuss] Converting ipe5 on Windows XP

Bettina Speckmann speckman at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 14 16:58:46 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I'm trying to open ipe5 files on Windows directly with ipe6 - a dialog
appears, tells me my file will be converted to XML - I say fine - and
then ipe complains that it can't find the XML file (and neither can I).
All is well if I first manually convert my file using ipe5toxml ... any
ideas?

And a little thing: When saving a file, selecting a type in the dialog
doesn't seem to do anything, i.e., I select type EPS and would like to
save the file "frog" - that should produce the file frog.eps, but if I
only enter "frog" then I get an error message, I have to type frog.eps ...

Bettina