[Ipe-discuss] New Ipelet: ipe-copytools

Marian Brändle marianbraendle at gmx.de
Sat Jan 27 22:22:28 CET 2024

Hello everyone!

I have written another Ipelet, but this one has much more practical
relevance (at least for me) than my Lassotool.

This Ipelet provides 3 new tools:
* Create linear patterns
* Create circular patterns
* Create patterns along arbitrary paths (this can also be used, for
example, to align text along a path)

I focused particularly on the interactivity/usability of the tools. For
this I have implemented a "preview" of the changes before they are
applied. You can have a look at the demos.
Perhaps some of you can be inspired by this for your own Ipelets :)

Like last time, the implementation details and lessons learned can be
found in the readme. I can say one thing in advance: Working with arc
lengths of splines and ellipses was much more difficult than I had
expected...

The Ipelet is available under
https://github.com/Marian-Braendle/ipe-copytools .

Best regards,
Marian Brändle

PS: @Otfried Cheong, a big thank you for your awesome work. It's really
a lot of fun to write extensions for Ipe.