[Ipe-discuss] is it possible to click on object to select?

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Tue Oct 31 15:13:07 CET 2023

We had a discussion about this on the list in April (see posts with subject "Proposed change of current translation mode behavior").   The change was implemented in Ipe 7.2.27 (see also https://github.com/otfried/ipe/issues/459), so now any transformation tool will always move the currently selected object.  If no object is selected, it will move the nearest object to where you press the mouse.

And, as Olivier says, you can always select without leaving the current mode using the Control-Key, see https://otfried.github.io/ipe/20_concepts.html#mouse-shortcuts