[Ipe-discuss] "Handout mode" for presentation PDFS?

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Sun Mar 19 13:00:51 CET 2023

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023, at 23:07, Jacob Barandes wrote:
> This is excellent. It works great. Thanks to you both.
>
> Just a small correction, Otfried – in your command-line statement, I
> think you meant to use a .ipe extension on the first file:
>
> ipetoipe -pdf -markedview presentation.ipe handouts.pdf

Well, that would depend how you store your presentation in the first place.  I always use PDF format, so for me "presentation.pdf" would have been correct.

ps. Has anyone used that ipeweed script recently?  You would need a setup where the libipelua library is actually installed in such a way that the lua interpreter can find it under the name "ipe" - this certainly does not happen automatically.

I would rather run this as an Ipe script, using "ipescript ipeweed infile outfile".  To do that, the script needs to be saved as "ipeweed.lua" in (e.g.) ~/.ipe/scripts, and the first five lines need to be replaced by
```
local inname = argv[1]
local outname = argv[2]
```