[Ipe-discuss] Spell checking in IPE?

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Wed Oct 6 20:32:46 CEST 2021

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, at 19:26, Michael Kruger via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> I would like to know whether it is possible to integrate a spell
> checker into the 'text edit' boxes in IPE?
>
> I do not see anything in the IPE manual on spell checking, nor find
> anything when Googling, but feel like it will be a useful feature.

Adding spell checking has been on my todo list for ages.   On MacOS, it already works out of the box, but unfortunately neither Windows nor Linux offer a similar easy-to-use API.

As Mandra says, on Linux it's easy to set up an external editor for all text editing, so that gives you spell checking for free.

I guess you are asking for Windows?   Using an external editor is also possible there, but takes a bit more care.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to add native spell checking for Windows/Linux - I need to check if there isn't some library that provides a spell-checked text widget for Qt.