[Ipe-discuss] Fwd: How to draw a spring?

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Thu Feb 18 12:13:52 CET 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, at 09:13, Hemza via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> cool, I know about ipeplot and use it for basic functions plotting.
> could you elaborate more on how to describe a spring parametrically?

Two quick comments:

1. If you like the tikz springs, you can simply use them in Ipe (see e.g. https://mailman.science.uu.nl/pipermail/ipe-discuss/2019-May/002029.html)

2. If springs are often needed, then one should make an ipelet for them.  E.g. you draw a segment, and the ipelet replaces it by a spring with a specified with and number of loops.   Do the tikz springs look like Nathaniel's (which I guess is a parametric circle with an added translation?)