[Ipe-discuss] Shortcut problem in IPE

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Tue Oct 6 09:17:25 CEST 2020

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, at 00:19, Jorge Guillermo Yory Castillo via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> Hello. I've added this function to actions.lua:
>
> function MODEL:saction_deselect_all()
> local p = self:page()
> p:deselectAll()
> end
>
> and I've added this line to ~/.ipe/ipelets/customize.lua
>
> shortcuts.deselect_all = "Control+d"
>
> but the shortcut doesn't work. Is there anything wrong or missing?

You cannot create actions like this - they need to be created in the C++ code of the user interface.

The right way to do what you want to do is to write short ipelet.  It could look like this `deselect.lua`:

label = "Deselect everything"

function run(model)
  local p = model:page()
  p:deselectAll()
end

shortcuts.ipelet_1_deselect = "Control+D"