[Ipe-discuss] standard stylet

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Jun 27 10:31:37 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, at 08:07, Michael GENG via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> Recently, I’m trying to convert my non-scalable symbol stylet to sfpx
> version by simply adding (sfpx) after each symbol name. However, I
> noticed the default symbol size is much larger than my old non-sfpx
> version when inserted to documents. The reason is that symbolsize normal
> is set to “3” instead of “1” in standard.sty for some reason. Is there
> any way I can change this value to “1”? I don’t want to redraw all my
> symbols 3x smaller. Thanks a lot!

You could of course change your style sheet to make normal equal to 1, but then all other symbols (markers) will also appear much smaller.

It seems easiest if you simply change your symbols.   You don't have to modify them - simply surround them by a group with a scaling factor, e.g.:

<symbol name="mysymbol(sfpx)">
<group matrix="0.333 0 0 0.333">
... your symbol here
</group></symbol>

If your symbol is already a group then of course you can just add the scaling matrix there.