[Ipe-discuss] How to resize image to specific length

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Tue Oct 11 22:50:06 CEST 2016

Actually I just realize that there is a simple solution.   The problem
arises because when you drag the top-right corner, Ipe assumes you want
to scale from the bottom-left corner.  The trick is to first tell Ipe
that you want to scale with the top-left corner as the origin, and then
drag the top-right corner.

So:
1. Turn on vertex snap (F4) and control point snap (Shift-F4),
2. Grab the top-left corner of the image and translate to the target
position,
3. Press F1 to set the origin at the top-left corner
4. Turn off angular snapping (F8)
5. Select stretch mode
5. Hold the Shift-key (for scale mode) and grab the top right corner.
Drag it to the target position.  The image will scale as you want,
keeping the aspect ratio constant.

I can still try to change the way that scale mode computes the scale
factor, if nobody objects.