[Ipe-discuss] How to resize image to specific length

Nikolaus Rath nrath at trialphaenergy.com
Fri Oct 7 18:44:23 CEST 2016

Hello,

I would like to re-size an image to a specific length (or height), while
keeping the aspect ratio preserved.

How do I do that?

My naive attempt was to grab the left upper corner of the image (using
control point snapping) and move it to the desired location. Then I'd
grab the right upper corner with the resize tool, hold shift, and move
it horizontally to the desired position (using grid snapping).

Unfortunately this does not work. While the cursor snaps to the current
position, the corner of the image actually "drags behind", so it ends up
larger than it should be.

Best,
-Nikolaus