[Ipe-discuss] TikZ exporter ipelet

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Oct 5 23:00:13 CEST 2016

This looks great.  Some quick comments:  Under limitations you say:

* Exporting bitmapped images is not supported. You can use
\includegraphics within a text object in Ipe (after putting
\usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble); the image will not display in
Ipe, but it should appear after compiling the exported code.

Actually, starting from 7.2.5, \includegraphics is fully supported and
will display in Ipe (as long as it's an image type supported by Ipe  -
the black & white fax codec is currently not implemented).

* Some colors may look different after compiling LaTeX unless you put
\PassOptionsToPackage{rgb}{xcolor} before \documentclass in your LaTeX
file. (The default color space used by xcolor is cmyk.)

Actually, the default of xcolor is to create the correct PDF command for
each color space, NOT to convert to a specific color space.   Perhaps
Tikz's default is to create colors in cmyk?  Ipe's colors are in rgb,
but you are free to use any color space when talking directly to xcolor
in your text objects.

Note also that starting from very recent Ipe versions, Ipe fully
supports using Tikz inside Ipe text objects.   In particular, there is
now a tikz.isy style sheet that is part of the distribution.   I would
probably be good to rename one of the two to avoid confusion (I would be
happy to rename mine, as it is only meant as inspiration as to what can
be done).