[Ipe-discuss] ipe on Windows with TeXLive on Cygwin

Jari Lappalainen jari.lappalainen at iki.fi
Thu May 26 16:39:50 CEST 2016

Ok, thanks, I'll try a different set-up in the meanwhile.

I did get it working - almost. I had to 1) make a copy of cygwin pdftex.exe
with a name of pdflatex.exe (cygwin uses a symbolic link to achieve the
same goal but that does not work with batch files) and 2) change windows
Path environment variable so that it points to the pdflatex.exe file.

Then the ipe latex directory batch file runs fine. Also the ipetoipe
command executes that batch file (the log file indicates it ran fine and
there is a new non-empty pdf file in the same directory) but it still stops
with "There was an error trying to run Pdflatex" message and produces no
input.

So it feels like it was very close but not quite.

Thanks again!