[Ipe-discuss] saving origin to eps file

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Nov 25 01:09:12 CET 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015, at 05:25, David Topham wrote:
> It works fine, but when I reset the origin to the center of my figure
> (polylines forming a polygon), then that information is lost when I save
> eps.  e.g. points that show in ipe as being in any one of the 4 quadrants
> of the coordinate system (like (-10,-10) or (-5.5)) all get changed to
> positive values in the saved eps file.

What do you mean by "reset the origin"?   The origin is always the
bottom left corner of the paper.  Do you move the drawing so that it
lies partially outside the paper?

Exporting to EPS seems to translate all coordinates so that they fall
onto the paper.  In my experience, figures where this is not true do not
print correct from Latex either - so my obvious question:  Why would you
want to do this?