[Ipe-discuss] Ipe spontaneously downgrades

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Nov 4 11:22:25 CET 2015

I do not know much about Macs, but I'm pretty sure you can still start
the program by calling it from the command line - using the full path
/Applications/Ipe.app/Contents/MacOS/ipe.   Then at least you know for
sure what executable you are calling (actually this isn't the
executable, it's a shell script - the Ipe program itself is in
/Applications/Ipe.app/Contents/local/bin/ipe, I believe).

Did you check the file modification dates?  Did anything inside the
/Applications/Ipe.app folder get replaced since you put Ipe 7.1.8 there?

Do you have some backup software or TimeMachine activated?

Otfried