[Ipe-discuss] how to: different fonts in the same file

Carsten Weise realtimecarsten at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:05:29 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm currently trying to see if IPE is useful for me to prepare
presentations.
IPE definitely has some features I would like to use, but I also have some
requirements which need to be matched.

One of these is that I need to use different fonts in the same presentation.
I have tried to do this with IPE, but was not successful. I searched the
net, but I can't find a proper way to do it.

What works:

when I put
   \usepackage{dejavu}
or
   \usepackage{libertine}
in the preamble, then I get my text in dejavu or in libertine, good.

What I tried:

I put
   \usepackage{dejavu}
   \usepackage{libertine}
both in my preamble,

and then, in a paragraph text field, I put
   {\fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{dejavu}
   very important text
   }

but this will not change the font.

I also used
   \fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{dejavu}\selectfont

but then I got an error message
"An error occured during the pdf latex run"

Any idea how to do this? Maybe a good simple example using two different
fonts?

Thanks
Carsten